23 December 2011

What's the market rate for Chinese Wedding Dinner?

This year 2011 & 2012 have 'hot' dates like 11.11.11, 20.11.2011 etc, thus many wedding dinners!

Just in December month alone, I already have 2 red bombs!!!
So many of my friends would usually ask what's the market rate for the wedding dinner?
For me.. I usually give $80 - $100 for those normal 3-4 stars hotel wedding lunch / dinner. Only those really high end hotels like MBS, Four Seasons, Grand Hyatt etc than will give slight more than $100 (also have to base on the friendship of the wedding couple)

So as i source around for any guideline on wedding ang bao.. I come across this article. Found it quite interesting.

Source: http://www.passivelifeincome.com/others/wedding-ang-pao-market-rate-and-etiquette
Maybe this can serve as a rough guideline to all my friends who is attending wedding dinner.

Ohh... I'm attending 1 this evening, at Swissotell Merchant Court.
(^_^)

No comments :