21 September 2012

Make-up: Primer vs Ampoule

When I did my pre wedding photo shoot, I was aware that my bridal shop charged $25 for eyelash / facial ampoule.

I thought it's way too expensive, so i bought my own. The false eyelash that I bought are slightly drama than the normal day to day type that I wear. And ampoules, i bought from Gmarket @ $10. It's pretty cheap for 10 vials of Collagen ampoule which i read that it's good for makeup. But my MUA rejected what i bought. Saying my eyelash is too drama, more suitable for AD - night makeup and the ampoule i buy is not for makeup usage. More for beauty usage.

So i paid extra S$80... i don't know what's the breakdown but I just paid cos I was running abit late for my photoshoot.

Soon I'll have my trial makeup for AD. So before I do my trial makeup, I intend to purchase  all sort of different types of lashes & I don't want to use ampoules, instead I would purchase this and ask the MUA to use this instead. Smashbox primer! As per recommended by a local MUA! And what she says in her blog is soo true!



Below is an extract from her blog:

 # 1: Do ampoules work?
 - Yes, if you get one of a good quality, it works just as well as a high quality serum. However, ampoules work even better when coupled with a facial, when the skin is prepped to receive nutrients, and even better with a high-frequency machine where it encourages the product to be absorbed into the skin. To work is one, but you need the right time to have it work.

 # 2: Do ampoules really make my makeup last longer?
 - No. Honestly, if you expect a beautiful, radiant complexion with your makeup lasting the entire day on your face just because of a "miracle" ampoule, sorry girlfriend, it's not gonna happen. Simply slapping on the product and then the makeup will just be the same as applying your own serum and then makeup.

# 4: Then why do so many bridal makeup artists sell ampoules?
 - It makes them extra cash. Simple as that.
 Just like all these hidden charges that some bridal shops charge you after you thought you got a good deal signing up for a $1888 all-in-one package, you end up having to top up for every single detail after. I know of a couple who topped up something like $90 for 3 ampoules, for both groom and bride. $90?! That's daylight robbery for ampoules. Ampoules are available at $5 or less each. 

Question 5: What shall I do then? They are pushy and say my skin is "very bad and in dire need" of some ampoules?
 - Argh! I hate it when people in the beauty industry try to push products by criticising their clients. It just gives us such a bad rep.
Firstly, in the months leading up to your big day, you should start taking good care of your skin.
Monthly facials are a good way to relax and deep cleanse your skin.
Next, make sure you exfoliate! If you have a thick layer of old or peeling skin, not even a boxful of ampoules is going to help, and any makeup applied will always bring more attention to flakey skin. I use Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant which is gentle but effective.
Battle extremes with the right skincare. Too dry and everything just looks powdery and doesn't apply smoothly. Too oily and makeup slides off. Using the right skincare regiment will ensure your skin is well prepped.

Pls read more from her blog!

So I decided to purchase Smashbox items from their website! They offer travel size! =)
Going to Sephora to try out the colours first! (^_^v)

Xoxoxo,
Felicia

No comments :