04 July 2014

Babies don't Keep..

A poem from Ruth Hulburt Hamilton depicts motherhood..

To remind me that as a Mother.. I have to place Danielle first and let the rest (unimportant stuffs) go...

Mother, oh mother, come shake out your cloth!Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,Hang out the washing and butter the bread,Sew on a button and make up a bed.Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking!
Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby, loo).Dishes are waiting and bills are past due(Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stewAnd out in the yard there's a hullabalooBut I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.)
Oh, cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep.
Taken when Danielle is around 2 months plus

I do agree that as a new mum.. I'm still trying to balance out my own needs and my baby's needs.

See, I've been me for the past 29 years. All these while, I've been taking care of my own needs and wants.
And now that I've Danielle.. I've to learn to put her needs and wants before myself.

This is something that I have to learn. Cause there are time where I still wish to go holiday alone without her.
(Sounds like I'm a bad mum eh..)

When that little thought cross my mind,  wondering if I can go holiday and leave Danielle with her nanny?? I will take her pictures out and see. See that she has grown so much over the span of 4 months, make me let go of the thought of gg away.

Cause I don't want to miss every milestone and achievement that she has hit. Babies don't keep.


You will always be Daddy's Girl & Mummy's World

Taken when Danielle is 4 and half months old
 Right now, this girl is able to flip over to her tummy and lift up her head high.
Able to hold her own milk bottle (for a little while)
She is also starting to recognize places and people. She knows where is her infant care, her nanny place.
She knows that these places are where we place her in the daytime so that mummy and daddy can go to work.

I felt miserable that her nanny / ah gong / ah ma even daddy is bonding with her much more than me. Esp this whole week cause it's the peak season at office.

Tomorrow is Saturday, decided to forgo yoga this week so that I can spend the weekends with her.

Can't wait to bring her out for walks and spend some bonding time at home! Going to stock up some pictures books and gonna read to her!!

Have a great week!!

Xoxo,
Felicia

No comments :