08 April 2012

My bridal package shopping experience

Unlike the other brides to be that prefer to have a 1 stop service package, I choose to go a la cart. Reason is that I don't want to spend so much $$ on the photography package. I have a hand few of married friends that spent a bomb on their bridal package because of photography. Topping up of photograph can easily cost $80 per piece. And most bridal shop need you have top up at least a min number. Especially this is a once a in life time event, most girls would want to top up extra photos on top of their existing pre determine poses stated in their package.

This is something that I won't want to happen. Cos I heard that after spending so much $$ on the photographs, after 1 year of marriage... all the photos are hiding at the storeroom or underneath the bed.. A big NO for me.

At first, bf and I decided to go HK for our pre wed photos but after calculating the cost, we drop the idea. So in my previous post, I have hired Oh,Dear! Photography for my pre wed photographer!

So this is fixed, next item on my list ------------- BRIDAL GOWN!
Yup, I would prefer to have a mixture of bridal gown and causal wear shoots!

So i tried to conqure the whole Tanjong Pajar street of bridal shops.. but in fact there are too many. So I listed my preferred bridal shops.

1) Rico-a-mona
2) DioGio
3) My Dream Wedding
4) Sophia Wedding
5) La Bella








These are the few types of gown I'm hoping to wear.
Source: www.weddingdressbee.com
 My Dream Wedding - Among all... I actually have quite high hopes on MDW but unfortunately went i inform them that I already have my own photographer for my pre wed photos. They don't seems to want to take my business. So I only spent like 5-6 mins in the shop and out i went.

Sophia wedding - Nice gowns but they didn't have wide selections. Plus they didn't offered to let me try on gowns. Quoted me $3.6K.. way over my budget!

Rico-a-mona - I feel comfortable with the coordinator and she let me tried on some of her new gowns for actual day gown but i was so excited to see myself wearing a gown that I forgotten to ask her to let me try on the outdoor gown selections... As my photo shoot date are so much nearer than my actual day. Price wise still quite reasonable. Ard $3k incl GST

Digio - Wide selections of gown.. Imagine a whole level of gown dedicated for outdoor selections and actual day wedding gown + evening gown. Though there are too many gowns to choose, didn't really see "the dress" that I want to wear yet... but seeing that they have such wide variety don't think I'm too worried. Package seems quite flexible and price is reasonable. Quoted by $2.8k nett

La Belle Couture -Service wise is quite good. The sales person asked me afew questions just to get to know my preferences better in order to recommend the most suited wedding gown for my figure. Didn't get to try much outdoor gowns as there are already 2 brides trying gowns.. hear from the consultant that we need to make appt in order to try the gowns. Outdoor gowns aren't really alot of choices. As usual, mixed feelings cos I would rather concentrate on searching my outdoor gowns but since i didn't see much nor tried any. Thus I can't say much. But the package is excately what i needed. Price is $2.9K

Kinda of tired to continue searching for bridal shop... my mother and i have good feelings on Digio. So waiting for a suitable day and time for bf to pop by this bridal shop to take a look at their gowns.

Xoxo,
Felicia

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi! Do you mind to share the packages La Belle offered you? Thanks!

Felicia Tan said...

Hi there,

La Belle quoted me 2.9K but my package does not include pre wedding photography package. Just outdoor gowns n suit, AD gowns n suits and makeups…. This quote was dated 2012. Now their pricing might increase. Good luck in your bridal package shopping!