19 September 2014

My Short Break to Penang ~ Day 1

Finally I get a short trip to Penang with my girlfriend, S. It's a welcoming short break as I take a few days off as a mummy and wife.

This trip was plan in around July and just within weeks, we just confirm a travel date and off I went to book the airtix and hotel stay.

Air tix isn't that cheap cause we didn't book like way in advance however it's my first time taking Silkair at Changi Airport Terminal 2. I know lah, I am a suaku... Hahah
I've only travel via Terminal 1. Be it budget or full commercial flight.

As for Hotel, we stay at Glow Hotel Penang. The same hotel chain in Bangkok.



Let's take a selfie before we fly off.

Goodbye Singapore

We are able to reach Penang

Here we are at Penang International Airport.

When I reached Penang International Airport... their airport are pretty spacious and it's quite straightforward. Cause the airport was too big to begin with...

So we are off to collect our luggage and purchase our pre-paid card with 3G for our stay..
And luckily we booked a airport transfer from the hotel, so once we step out. Our driver are waiting for us!

I totally forgotten to snap a picture of the exterior of the Glow Hotel.. This hotel is pretty new, room size is just right and it's cosy.


Freshen up and we are off to explore the area. Did I mention that we didn't have any itinerary. So we just walk around aimless and we are looking for place to have our lunch.

So we found this...

Mama Oneton Mee
Apparently this shop is quite well know cause I saw afew newpaper cuttings pasted on their shop wall.


Since the light is good, let me take a selfie!!




After our lunch.. we head around the area to have a walk..



House or apartments here are all very rustic. Very much hertiage..

And since we didn't have much on our plan, We decided to head the shopping area - 1st Avenue shopping mall to shop which is within walking distance from our hotel. Roughly about 10 - 15mins. But this time of the year, Penang's weather is just like Singapore... TOO HOT!

And at Penang - 1st Avenue, I actually managed to buy a Nike Sport Shoes for SG$89! I believe it's quite a new model but I'm unsure of the price that SG is selling.

Managed to grab a couple of stuffs for hubby and Dani...

After shopping, its' dinner time! We head back to our hotel to place our stuffs and freshen up.

Walked to the nearest hawker street - New Lane Hawker







These are some of the foods that we order. I think it's understatement that you don't order 1 dish for your self. We actually order afew dishes and share.

Life is Penang is somewhat similar to Singapore but I realised that it isn't very happening like Singapore. Its more rustic and slightly slow pace.

In fact, I kinda like that lifestyle..

So we ended the night like a drink and a new mask for me!

Hello Beer.. We finally meet again after I stop drinking for 1.5 years.

Gonna say "Hello" to my V-v Face.

Pst.. get this mask at DFS. Its much cheaper than purchasing at counter.
Got it at $67.50

Next up on my Day 2 at Penang...

Have a great week!

1 comment :

Priscilla said...

Hi

Hw is the hotel u stayed in? Is it good? I am planning a trip with my 2 kids aged 5 & 6 years. Suitable? Clean?