05 January 2012

Testing... Trying..

Well, many ppl will know that having a hobby like photography is a real expensive hobby.
Just a mid level DSLR body alone, can cost you $1K.. This hasn't add up to lens, dry cabby, tripod and other accessories. All in all, the cost can easily come up to at least 2K plus or even higher. Depending on what type of lens you're going to purchase.

I'm happy with my Eos 1000D with my kit lens + 50mm f1.8 prime and a zoom lens 55-250mm which I'm selling it away as I seldom use such long zoom lens.

So which so many lens out there, how to do know which is the one that's your staple lens? About an year ago, I chance upon this camera rental van while i was out having lunch. Spark my interest. Remember the company name and google it.

Apparently this company rents photography equipments. All types of camera body, lenses and accessories.
At that time, I wasn't holding to any DSLR and wanted a feel of how it is to shoot.. So i rented a 450D + 17-50mm lens to Sentosa with my gal friend. I had fun shooting, with many trial and error... and finally i purchased my own DSLR before my USA trip last year.



Still occasionally, I would rent lens from this company to try out. And during New Year they were having promotion. 50% off. So i took the chance to rent 1 lens which I've been dying to try out. Canon 24-70mm lens. This is a heavy weight lens. Not quite suitable for my camera body. Hmm... I'm very happy with the photos that i took but i won't purchase this lens unless I'm holding a 5DM2. If not, forget it. Hahah

Here's the link: http://sg.camerarental.biz/

So here are some shots I love that I took with this lens.







I have always like f2.8 lens... cos it's a much faster lens than my kit lens. Really hoping to purchase the Tamron 17-50mm lens. Maybe this June?

I hope in this year 2012, I can improve my photography skills. I totally enjoy the process of shooting and capture precious memories.

Xoxo,
Felicia

No comments :