17 July 2012

Wedding...

This is going to be a all words post..

Recently I've been to few of our my choice hotels for site visit ... 

1) Royal Plaza on Scotts
2) Changi Village
3) Amara Singapore
4) Amara Sanctuary

The first 2, I've seen the place. Suits our criteria of small and cosy. As we don't have big families, so our guest list will only be around 80 paxs. At first, I thought that we I should have a wedding dinner banquet because an 8 course dinner, normally looks more grand and ppl are more willing to give about more in terms of ang bao $$~~ Hahaha.. I know... not all wedding dinners are loss profit. I'm not looking for profit gain but at least not a very huge loss..

*Above pictures are taken during GCW wedding showcase*

So I went to Concord Hotel & Grand Copthorne Waterfront looking for min 10 tables wedding banquet + solemnizations. Concord hotel - it's strike off the list cos I don't the solemnization area, its within the wedding banquet hall in 1 small rooms. Not view cos no windows. 

Grand Copthorne Waterfront. Love the solemnization area, the banquet area is good, nice and grand.. but location is bad and it's abit out of our budget. So shelf it..

So we decided to stick to buffet dinner instead... thus the 4 hotels listed.








1) Royal Plaza on Scotts
Nice and Cosy area
@ Orchard Area
Only 1 ballroom or function hall to dine indoor
Only do buffet - and the food is from Carousel (Halal)
Poolside solemnization
Bridal Suite - i didn't get to see the room cos during my site visit, according the event co-ordinator it's their high season.
Price else, it's NETT price. @ $110 - $140 per pax 
Min 90 pax
Give alot of wedding stationeries
Food tasting @ Carousel (Lunch or Dinner) depending on your package





2) Changi Village Hotel
Very nice and windy - near to the sea
@ at very ulu area - esp for guests who stay at North, West or South
Small & cosy area.
2 very nice poolside (The deck or Creek)
Expensive - esp when you want your solemnization outdoor and dine indoor, you pay extra 1.5K ++.
No food tasting
No FOC Helpers Room (if you want, it's chargeable)
No free flow of beer ( charge per barrel @$650++)
Car park space - really really small!

As for Amara Singapore & Sentosa, I've yet to do a site visit yet. But I'm hoping that Sentosa will steal my breath away for the Glass Pavilion is stunning! And many ppl rave about the place & food.

Anyway we tentatively set our wedding date same as Mr Lee's birthday... My mother came to know about it and ask how did we have this date. I just say it's either my birthday, Mr Lee's birthday, our proposal date or our first anniversary date. My mother said, No! Wedding is something very important in ones' life. You have to make sure that the date you choose is good. Better be safe than sorry. Though Mr Lee & myself aren't superstitious but in order to appease my mother. I asked her to calculate a "GOOD" date for me.

Hopefully we can get one soon!

Xoxo,
Felicia

No comments :