11 October 2014

My Short Break in Penang - Day 2

Well, we start this day early because we are planning to explore Penang!!

Penang is a town with rich heritage so and since our stay here is pretty short.. we thought its best that we visit those famous wall murals that artist Ernest Zacharevic has painted on some old building..

I know there quite a few wall murals scattered around Penang but the weather is way too hot for S and I to go hunt for it. So we had our breakfast in the hotel and head out to take a cab and ask the taxi uncle to bring us to the place where all the wall arts are.

Did we mention that their taxi system is also like Bangkok. Taxi uncle don't on meter and you mostly need to bargin or what out the price that they quote you. From what we learnt. if the places you are going are quite nearby, like maybe 10 - 15 drive. They usually quote 12 ringgit. Guess its quite standard unlike BKK... they really chop carrot!

Finally we reached the place and the weather was super super hot! Rented a bike and cycle around. I personnally think that it's a wrong move cause it's very crowed on weekends. Plus the hot weather.. my backside almost got burnt!!!













Finally managed to eat the famous Chendol in penang!!


Had their Brown Sugar beancurd... nothing to shout about..



Honestly the weather is way too hot for me to handle. So quite a couple of times, we head back to our hotel to freshen up and head out to our next destination.

As my luggage is way too small... so my friend and I head out to 1st Ave to purchase another luggage since Silkair allow me 30kg baggage allowance.

Stay on for my next Penang post of FOOD!!

XOXO,
Felicia 

No comments :