07 October 2012

Photo Canvas

After we got our photos from Melody of Oh,dear! Photography..

We have been deciding which photo to blow up and print as canvas. After much thought, we decided to print the one that we took at Garden By the Bay.. I search online for many canvas print shop and found Brilliant Print. They have this guareente that if you change your mind, you can change to print another photo without additional cost!

Brilliant Print is so efficient too, I received my canvas within 3 working days after i placed my order! Thumb up!


I super love this picture! Somehow Melody managed to capture our blissful love.

Another picture that I super love is the one that we took at the Falls inside cloud forest... so i decided to print it out as 8r size photo, but somehow the photo couldn't fit the frame. And I happened to stubble upon a diy blog that has a post on DIY photo canvas!


I bought a 8'x10' canvas from Spotlight and Modge Podge glue (matte)...

Steps to do

1) paint modge podge glue thinly on the canvas
2) paint modege podge glue on the photo, place it on the canvas and smooth it to ensure that there is no air bubbles.
3) paint modge podge to the side of the canvas, wait for it to dry and paint black paint to paint.
4) Need at least 2-3 coats of black paint.
5) thinly apply glue to the photo. It will gives a a matte look. Can skip this step if you fancy, gloss look.

Now I have another photo canvas to place it at my reception table!

Xoxo,
Felicia

No comments :