08 May 2014

Our first staycation @ Sentosa

Being a new mother.. I've longed to go holidays because it will means that I can get undisturbed sleep.
Sounds like a bad mother but well, I think I deserved to have a night or two of undisturbed sleep after taking care of Danielle for the past 3 months.

At first, Hubs and I planned to go to Bali or Boracay. However these destinations required us to travel at least 4D3Ns. And we are quite reluctant to leave Danielle for 4 days... so this means it's a staycation!!

When I thought of staycation in Singapore, Sentosa immediately came to my mind. Since we got married in Sentosa @ Amara Sanctuary, we thought it's quite fitting for us to return there again.

However we planned to visit USS, so shortlisted 3 hotels.

1. Festive Hotel
2. Amara Sanctuary Resort
3. Siloso Beach Resort

In the end, we booked Siloso Beach Resort because they have a Roof Garden Suite with open air jacuzzi! We are sold and we just booked the dates immediately.

So on that day, we left Danielle with our trusted babysitter and felt a bit guilty because we are off to have fun and leave her with another person.... not sure if she misses us but we super miss her!
Apparently, Danielle do miss me cause she was looking for me the next morning when it's her bathe time! ^_^v Now I'm a proud mama!!

We managed to check in early and love the view that we have! Superb!



The Siloso Beach Resort has one of the highest man made waterfall and the longest landscape swimming pool. 

Because it's a eco-friendly hotel, their swimming pool does not contain chloride! Didn't head down to the pool as we didn't have the time!

If I stay another night, will definitely have a dip!




The open air roof accompanied with a view!! Shiok!







Room isn't very big.. Toilet is quite small... but the view compensates all!



A secret garden at the back of the roof!

Enjoying the view! It's pretty calming to listen to the waves overlapping each other..


After we have settled down, we went off to USS.. Luckily for us, we choose to have our staycation on the eve of public holiday.. and it's a weekday so wasn't that crowded.






Managed to took the rides that we didn't get to take the previous time we went.. however, I still don't get to ride the canopy ride at jurassic park!!!!

Should have purchased the express pass for $30 but Hubs refuse too cause it's not a PH and the park isn't that crowded. So don't want to waste money yet he refuse to que when the waiting time is more than 20 mins. Same goes for the Elmo ride... And I didn't get to snap any pictures with the characters.
Well, Guess this gives me another reason for a staycation at Sentosa again and a chance to revisit the park!!! Maybe we can visit the aquarium too! ^_~




In the evening, I head up to the open air roof to have a soak in the jacuzzi, listening to my mp3 and just relax.

It's pretty good to have a night all by myself, no need to look out for feeding time, change diapers and washing of milk bottles.

Just a night for myself. (Not too much to ask right?!) 



Next morning, I wake up early because I'm used to the morning timing as usually Danielle will wake me up for milk.

But since she is in babysitter's good hand... don't have to worry. Freshen up and headed for the buffet breakfast.

Kinda sad that the buffet breakfast isn't that fantastic but well, don't complaint. It's better than nothing.



As hubs woke up later, breakfast is over at the hotel. I requested for late check out as we headed to the Macdonald nearby to have breakfast.

I know that Mac is having the Hello Kitty promotion. Not a fan of Hello Kitty but since the auntie asks us and Hub say to buy for Danielle.. so here we have..

I might want to purchase the Pompompurin and TuxedoSam Hello Kitty. Quite cute! Heheh


After we checked out, we headed straight to babysitter's place to fetch her. Babysitter says that she was looking for me when she wanted to bathe her. Cried abit... 

Awww..... mummy's heartbreak!! 

See, she gives me the expression like, "Why you all leave me alone???"


While I'm away from her, I still express out my BM. Though its not alot... but still I wanna keep my supply going!!

And aren't these breast milk bag sooo cute? Got it at Kiddy Place for a box of 30pcs for $12.90!

I can't wait for our next staycation!!

Xoxo,
Felicia


No comments :