22 January 2014

My Preterm Labour Scare @ Week 35

Let me blog about this pre term labour scare that I recently experience before my goldfish memory erase it off my mind....

It on happened on 21 Jan 2014, early in the morning between 4.30am - 5am, I woke up not because I need to pee but i realised that I'm having slight cramps.. So I thought maybe it's just a little cramp and it will go away. When to pee, cause I dun wan to get up again.

'
Google about the signs of pre term labour 


Fall back into sleep, but my cramp persists... it was till much later on.. the cramps starts to get really bad. Like those kind you will get when you're having your period on those heavy flow days + I have this super backaches that my bones will just collapse...

I can't fall back into sleep and I start to time the interval. And looking at the timing, it seems quite consistent. So I woke hubby up... and inform him. I quickly showered. Text my boss and colleague that I'm most likely taking half day. Called Dr Tseng and he wants to see me..

We were afraid that I might give birth on that day.. so we packed our hospital bag in the record time.

Off we went to see Dr Tseng... did a series of test and scans. We are thankful that Baby Danielle's heartbeat is beating strong and most of all.. the contractions signs seems to slow down when we are at the clinic. But Dr Tseng still wants to be cautious, so given me 2 jabs.
1 to stop the contractions. Another one to mature baby's lungs. The latter jab is the most painful of all.. make my legs super sore!

Guess what he is hoping to do is to delay the birth at week 35 cause 20% of the babies born at this week will have breathing problems. Thought a good 80% are babies are healthy, still he didn't want to risk it. And having baby staying in NICU is very costly.


Coupled with the injections, I did to take these medicines. Lets hope that Baby Danielle be a good girl and stay in my tummy till Mummy pass gestation week 37!

So I'll be at home this whole week to rest... and make sure Baby Danielle is healthy and well..

P.s while tying this post.. she is kicking me non-stop.. Such a playful girl.. ^_^v

Oh!! CNY is coming in 8 days! This year, I can snack on all the CNY goodies without any guilt.

Have a great week ahead!

Xoxo,
Felicia

No comments :