01 April 2014

Motherhood time vs Felicia's time

Woah! It's April already??! That's fast...

Times seems to fly pass when one is at home without the concept of date and day.. Yup, that's what I'm experiencing now cause weekday and weekends are the same to me!

Well, being on maternity leave.. I get to spend lots and lots of quality time with Danielle. So much so that my whole day just revolved around her.


So here is my typical schedule.

3am: Wake up to feed Danielle

5am - 6am: Danielle's feeding time

8am - 10am: Breakfast time for me (depending what time i wake up) 
Next feeding time is usually done by my helper

11am - 12pm: Bathing time for Danielle
                       Express milk

1pm - 2pm: Lunch time for me
                   Coaxing Danielle to sleep + feed her 

3pm - 4pm: ME time! Time to do my mask and surf net or scrapbooking!

5pm - 6pm: Bathing time for Danielle
                    Feeding time for Danielle
                   Express milk

7pm - 9pm: Dinner time
                   Feeding time for Danielle
                   Express milk

10pm - 2pm: Feeding time for Danielle
                     Change into her PJs
                    Preparing her for bedtime
                    Express milk
                    Shower time before I zzz


So by the time Danielle is asleep.. it's time for me to express milk and shower again when I'm done. By the time i hit the sack, it's about 12am - 1am already. Basically I sleep for 3 - 4 hours before Danielle's next feeding..


As much as I enjoyed being a mother to Danielle. Such schedule is exhausting. 

My husband at times seems to forget that I'm Felicia too. Not just a mother to Danielle. 

I needed some quality time for myself too. Got so pissed with him during the March holiday where he is off from teaching and I finally had 1 or 2 days to go out and shop and do stuffs that I wanna do. He got angry cause he had to look after Danielle together with the helper. To me, he don't get to off when it's his off days. 

Hello... he have his Sundays off for boxing class. And I'm at home looking after Baby! Seriously why man dun understand??!

I kinda envy the role of a Father..

Father just need to ensure that he has a stable working, bring money back home to feed the family.
He has gets to hang out with his friends, be it after work or on weekends.

He comes home and chat / play with baby. Occassionally feeds Danielle if I'm occuiped with expressing milk. 

And that all. 

Night feeding, not a single time, he wakes up to help me. He just sleeps all the way...

So how can I not envy a father's role. It's so much simpler that being a Mother.

I have to go thru 9 months of pregnancy, go thru 10 hours of labour pains to pop Danielle out. Have to endure that 1 month confinement with it's rules and taboos. 

No wonder they say, 妈妈是最伟大的!

I can't agree more!! Okay! I'm feeling so much better now that I let off some stream.

On a lighter side note... I'm done with my scrapbook layout for March.


It's time for me to work on my layout for April..

Have a great week!

Xoxo,
Felicia 

No comments :